Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Ready Skin

No one wants dry skin and no one wants dry skin for the holidays especially. There may be lots of parties and family gatherings so it's important to look your best. I think looking your best starts with your skin. It's a fact that colder weather can cause skin to be dry and look dull, so I have a few things that I do to ensure that my skin is moisturized and glowing for the holidays or any time of the year.

I will start off by saying that I really do not have dry skin. My skin hardly ever gets dry, but I do notice a difference when the temperatures start to drop.

1. The first thing that I like to do to keep my skin looking great is by exfoliating. I'm not really picky when it comes to body scrubs. I usually just go for ones that smell good. Exfoliating gets rid of that dry, dull skin. When I do this, I make sure not to scrub my skin raw. You just want to be rough enough to to exfoliate the skin, but gentle enough so that you don't irritate it.

2. The next thing that keeps my skin healthy is by using a good body wash and or soap. If you have drier or sensitive skin, you may want to be a little picky, but I'm not. Like I said earlier, I just go for something that smells good, but I also don't want it to dry out my skin. Right now I'm loving the Caress Enchanting Secret silkening body wash. This not only leaves my skin moisturized, it also smells amazing.

3. After a bath or shower, it's key to moisturize even further. I like to apply lotion when my skin is still a little damp. I just think it brings moisture even further into the skin. For lotion, I use one that matches whatever body spray or perfurme that I'm using. I'm obsessed with the triple moisture body creams from Bath and Body Works. I also mix the lotion I'm using with the Vaseline total moisture cocoa radiant vitalizing body gel oil. I love the body gel oil and it really does give me glowing skin. I mix it with my lotion because I find that it can be a little too oily when applied alone. The lotion tones it down a little.

When I've completed those steps, my skin is literally glowing and it's so soft. I also do this everyday. You can do this as often or as little as you want. Using these steps with products you love, will ensure that your skin is holiday ready. 

Thanks so much for reading and I want to know, what do you do to keep your skin moisturized during the fall and winter?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...