Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Kissable Lips

Welcome back to the "12 Days of Christmas". Yesterday I shared my tips for holiday ready skin, and today I'm sharing my tips on holiday ready lips. I'm going to discuss how to make your own lip scrub, my favorite lip balms, and how to maintain lips that are worthy for a kiss under the mistletoe. Let's get started!

It's important to exfoliate your lips on a regular basis. I would recommend doing this maybe once or twice a week, but you can do it more if you would like. Exfloiating keeps lips soft and it also helps lipsticks or other lip products apply more smoothly. I have two methods to get those lips soft and moisturized:

The first method is using a lip scrub. You can go out and buy a lip scrub, but you can also make your own using ingredients you probably already have. These can get a little technical, but I like to keep things simple by just using two ingredients: sugar and olive oil. 

If you don't want to use a lip scrub, you can do what I do:
1. Apply Vasline or any lip balm of your choice.
2. Let Vaseline or lip balm sit on lips for about 1-3 minutes.
3. Take a washcloth (what I do) or a clean toothbrush and gently rub onto lips to get rid of dry skin.
4. Wipe lips with a washcloth to make sure all dry skin is removed.
5. After this, you can apply your lip color or if you're doing this at night, you can apply more of your favorite lip balm and allow to sit while you sleep.

Favorite Lip Balms:



Thanks for reading and I hope these tips help you keep your lips soft during the holiday season.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...