Wednesday, August 21, 2013

for the love of denim...


Hello and welcome back to my blog. Before I get started I have to apologize for the ranting, raving, and lots of rambling that's about to go on. This post might be a little long, but trust me, there's a reason for this. This is by far my most favorite look ever. I'm obsessed with how it came out. I also love the pictures. Ahh, I can't wait to get into the details.



Okay, I was never a fan of the whole denim on denim thing. I have to be honest, I kind of thought it was ugly. I swore I wouldn't be caught dead sporting that look. Never in a million years. Well, now I feel like a big ol' liar. Not only did I wear it, but I fell in love with it. And I'm proud to say that I will probably wear it again. So that morning when I was getting dressed, I was lost. Nothing in my closet was really speaking to me. It was one of those days. I'm pretty sure you've had them too. When those days come for me, I always reach for my denim shirt. I wear the heck out of that thing. It pretty much goes with everything and I can never go wrong when I'm wearing it. So I pulled it out. Then I realized I was tired of styling it the same way. I wanted to try something new. That's when I saw some denim shorts that I almost never wear. I actually don't ever remember wearing them. Immediately a light bulb went off in my head and I knew I wanted to pair the two together. I was a little skeptical, me hating the denim on denim trend, so I asked my sister how it looked. She loved it so of course I had to wear it. My hate for the denim on denim thing went out the window. I was officially converted. I fell completely head over heels in love and the rest as they say is history.



One of the things that I love most about this look are the accessories. I'm loving the pink and turquoise. It just looks so good to me. The turquoise bracelets were all made by me and they are giving so much life to this look. The bright pink purse is giving equal parts life as well. The combination is incredible. Obsessed with it. I topped off the look with a high bun and added silver sandals.

My love for this look goes beyond words. I love the way everything came out and I'm excited to do more denim on denim looks in the future. I'm now a believer.
P.S. Me posing on a fence is kind of amazing. I must say that I'm loving that fence.




Thanks for reading. Until next time...


What I'm wearing:
Forever 21 shirt
shorts from a local boutique
Payless shoes
Dooney and Bourke Happy bag



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...